When reading tarot, the most important thing to keep in mind is that there is no negative way to take a reading. If your intention is right, you will definitely get what you really want to know. Everyone can develop their own style quickly and honestly.
A Beginner’s Guide to Reading Tarot
Set up cards:
If you notice it, Tarot card readers will spread a cloth over the surface on which they are taking readings. It serves two purposes. On the practical side, this keeps all the cards clean. On a psychic side, the color you choose to use can help with the card vibrations. Black does not interfere with any form of energy. Others like blue, purple, or yellow for fortune telling and psychic abilities.
Here are some elements of setting up:
- Start clearing their space
- Clothes drape over the reading surface
- Suitable gems can be scattered
- Appropriate incense and candles lit
- Some readers meditate before reading tarot cards
- Readers perform entire rituals before reading, including calling quarters and throwing a circle
- Light some candles and play soft tunes in the background.
- Others do nothing but take the deck off.
- The only thing to remember is, if possible, quickly sweep the room to remove all the energy, as reading can affect this energy. It’s always a good idea to take a few deep breaths before starting.
Make sure you are not disturbed while reading! So turn off the phones (your client’s cell phone), the TV and keep the pets out. Keep the environment at a pleasant temperature and make sure you are also comfortably dressed.