Happy National Doctors Day 2021: In India, National Doctors Day is celebrated every 1st July to honour the participation of doctors in individual lives and communities. The date may vary from one nation to another nation. In some countries, National Doctors Day is marked as a public holiday. National Doctors Day in India is celebrated to promote medical professionals to come closer and to follow the duties of their profession very dedicatedly. In 1991, the Government of India established National Doctors Day to pay honour and tribute to the famous physician of India Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy. Doctors are the only superheroes during the Coronavirus pandemic.
On 4th of February in 1961, he was honoured with the great Indian Civilian award named “Bharat Ratna.” He finished his medical graduation from Calcutta and returned to India in 1911 after completing his MRCP and FRCS degrees in London and began his medical career as a physician in India in the same year. Then he joined Calcutta Medical College as teaching staff, and later he moved to Campbell Medical School and then to Carmichael Medical College. During Civil Disobedience Movement, he joined Mahatma Gandhi as a freedom fighter and later, he became the leader of India National Congress. Then he went on to become the second Chief Minister of West Bengal. In 1962, he passed away on the same day of his birth date, July 1. In 1976, Dr B. C. Roy National Award was instituted to pay honour, respect and tribute.
How to celebrate National Doctors Day
National Doctors Day is a day to honour the contribution made by Doctors. Around the country, several events like health check-up, cure, prevention, diagnosis, proper treatment of the disease will be conducted. You can participate in those events. On this day, Rotational medical services will be promoted and encourage for better and healthy social environment. In some schools, events will be conducted to encourage more youth students towards the medical profession. On this day, patients will greet their doctors by presenting them with some gifts. Post pictures and share your thoughts on social media about National Doctors day by using the hashtag #NationalDcotorsDay or #HappyDoctorsDay.
Happy National Doctors Day Wishes
- “Only a doctor is blessed with the magical powers to treat a life, to bring health into our lives and to be there with us when we have lost all the hopes.” Happy National Doctors Day!
- “A doctor is bestowed with the eye to see and treat weakness in mankind. He is the one who can give us hope when we are in doom. Sending warm wishes to you on Doctor’s Day 2021.”
- “Not everyone gets a chance to thank their doctors. This day I thank God for bringing such a great doctor in my life. Thanks a lot for everything that you have done for me.” – Happy National Doctors Day!
- “Thank you for being much more than just a doctor. You have been a doctor, a counsellor and a guide to be and I owe you so much in my life.” – Happy Doctors Day!
- “Dear Doctor, thank you for everything you have done for me to keep me in the best of my health. Your efforts have made me a healthier soul.” – Happy National Doctors Day!
- “When there are tears, you are a shoulder. When there is pain, you are a medicine. When there is a tragedy, you are a hope.” – Happy National Doctor’s Day!
Happy National Doctors Day Quotes
- “The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.” – Voltaire
- “Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” – Hippocrates
- “People pay the doctor for his trouble; for his kindness, they still remain in his debt.” – Seneca
- “In nothing do men more nearly approach the gods than in giving health to men.” – Cicero
- “The physician should not treat the disease but the patient who is suffering from it.” – Maimonides
Happy National Doctors Day Images
Check out the latest images of Happy Doctors Day,