Rajiv Kapoor was an Indian movie actor, producer, and director. He was the youngest son of the legendary Indian actor and producer Late Raj Kapoor.
Rajiv Kapoor was born on Saturday, 25 August 1962 (age 58 years; on the time of dying) in Mumbai. His zodiac signal is Virgo. He did his education at Our Woman of Perpetual Succour College, Chembur, Mumbai.
Peak: 5′ 7″
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Household & Caste
He was born in a Punjabi Khatri household.
Mother and father & Siblings
Rajiv was born within the well-known Kapoor household of Bollywood.
His grandparents had been the legendary Indian actor Prithviraj Kapoor and Ramsarni Mehra.
His father, Late Raj Kapoor, was an ace Indian actor and filmmaker. His mom’s identify is Krishna Kapoor. His brothers Randhir Kapoor and Rishi Kapoor labored as actors in Hindi movies. He had two sisters Ritu Nanda and Rima Jain.
His uncles had been the well-known Indian actors Shammi Kapoor and Shashi Kapoor. Rajiv was uncle to Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Aadar Jain, and Armaan Jain.
Relationships, Spouse & Kids
After relationship the Indian architect Aarti Sabharwal for 2 years, the couple obtained married in 2001. Rajiv’s father was not completely satisfied together with his marriage. His marriage didn’t final lengthy, and the duo obtained divorced in 2003. Publish his divorce, he was linked with the Indian actresses like Divya Rana and Nagma. The couple doesn’t have any youngster.
In 1983, he debuted as an actor within the Hindi movie ‘Ek Jaan Hain Hum’ wherein he performed the function of Vikram Saxena.
He appeared in just a few Hindi movies like ‘Mera Saathi’ (1985), ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), ‘Angaarey’ (1986), ‘Hum To Chale Pardes’ (1988), and ‘Naag Nagin’ (1989).
He labored as an government producer and editor in Hindi movies reminiscent of ‘Henna’ (1991), ‘Prem Granth’ (1996), and as a producer in ‘Aa Ab Laut Chalen’ (1999). He was additionally the director of the favored Hindi movie ‘Prem Granth’ (1996). His final film as an actor was ‘Zimmedar’ (1990).
- Meals: Fish, Prawns, Khichdi
- Movie: Mera Naam Joker (1970)
On Tuesday, 9 February 2021, he handed away due to an enormous cardiac arrest.
- His start identify was Virgoan Rajiv.
- Reportedly, he was thought of because the least fashionable son of the showman Raj Kapoor.
- His household and pals used to name him Chimpu.
- As per some sources, in 1981, Raj Kapoor wished to launch Rajiv in a movie titled “Bus Conductor,” however the venture was shelved.
- A few of his daring scenes with the Indian actress Mandakini within the Hindi movie ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985) acquired enormous criticism. As per some sources, he was upset together with his father because the lead actress of the movie Mandakini acquired extra limelight after the movie grew to become successful.
- In one of many episodes of the English discuss present ‘Rendezvous with Simi Garewal,’ he appeared together with his brother Rishi Kapoor.
- In 1996, he was producing a TV serial titled “Shaadi Ka Season,” however the serial was scrapped.
- He was typically noticed consuming alcohol in events. As soon as, he created a ruckus within the flight after getting drunk.
- In an interview, he shared that he had watched the Hindi movie ‘Mera Naam Joker’ (1970) greater than 150 occasions.
- He was a foodie and beloved consuming non-vegetarian meals.