Ravi Chopra was a well known Indian movie producer and director. He was the son of B. R. Chopra, and he labored together with his father in directing one of the crucial profitable Indian tv collection, Mahabharat. Ravi Chopra died on 12 November 2014 because of a lung ailment.
Ravi Chopra was born on Friday, 27 September 1946 (Age 68 years; on the time of dying) in Mumbai. His zodiac signal is Libra. Ravi pursued BA from St. Xavier’s, Mumbai. After finishing his diploma, Ravi joined his father within the BR Movies manufacturing home and commenced aiding him in directing motion pictures and tv collection.
Hair Color: Black
Eyes Color: Black
Household & Caste
Ravi was born in a Hindu (Arya Samaji) household in Mumbai.
Mother and father
Ravi Chopra is the son of the well-known director and producer, B. R. Chopra. His mom’s title is Prakash Chopra. Ravi Chopra had two siblings, Shashi Chopra and Bina Chopra. The Chopra household has been mates with Johar’s household for a really very long time. B. R. Chopra’s sister Hiroo Johar bought married to Yash Johar, an Indian movie producer.
Spouse & Youngsters
Ravi Chopra bought married to Renu Chopra on 18 November 1975 after spending a yr collectively. Renu’s household and Ravi’s household knew one another, they usually each bought married to one another after the discharge of Ravi’s first film as a director, Zameer. They’ve two sons, Abhay Chopra and Kapil Chopra.
Ravi Chopra began his profession as an assistant director and helped his father, B. R. Chopra, and uncle Yash Raj Chopra in directing motion pictures. Ravi at all times needed to direct motion pictures independently, and he made his debut as a director in 1975 with Zameer. Ravi additionally directed the epic tv collection Mahabharat. Ravi made his debut as an impartial director with the movie Zameer (1975); starring Amitabh Bachchan, Saira Banu, and Shammi Kapoor. Together with this, Ravi additionally directed tv collection primarily based on historical Sanskrit scripts like Vishnupuran and Ramayan. In 1980, Ravi Chopra directed ‘The Burning Practice,’ which grew to become a cult traditional over time. This motion thriller was very profitable within the theatres. One other milestone in Ravi’s journey was Aaj Ki Awaaz (1984), a political thriller starring Smita Patil and Raj Babbar. Certainly one of his most celebrated motion pictures is Baghban (2003). This film began slowly on the field workplace and it was criticized for its story-line. Nonetheless, the younger era and folks of their early 30’s began regarding the film and it turned out to be a super-hit film. The final film he labored on as a director was Baabul in 2006. Since then, Ravi labored as a producer on two movies- Bhoothnath (2008) and Bhoothnath Returns (2013).
In October 2012, Ravi was recognized with a extreme lung ailment and was admitted to Breach Sweet Hospital in Mumbai. The medical doctors believed that it was lung most cancers however after sure assessments, they discovered that his diaphragm bought paralyzed as a result of one among his phrenic nerves was broken. A transportable ventilator was imported from Sweden, and it was connected to his wind-pipe. Ravi Chopra died on 12 November 2014 at Breach Sweet Hospital.
In 2009, Ravi Chopra was served with a authorized discover by the American movie studio, twentieth Century Fox. The studio charged them saying that Ravi Chopra’s upcoming film “Banda Yeh Bindaas Hai” was a duplicate of the 1992 Hollywood comedy film, My Cousin Vinny. This was the primary time a Bollywood filmmaker was in a authorized battle with a Hollywood firm. The damages have been settled by Ravi Chopra by paying $1.4 million to Fox studios, and the film nonetheless stays unreleased.
- Ravi Chopra was a agency believer in numerology. His fortunate numbers have been 1, 3, 5, 6, and 9.
- Ravi Chopra was shut mates with Salman Khan. Throughout his days within the hospital, Salman would usually go to him and sit with him for hours.
- When Ravi Chopra was placed on a ventilator, he used to speak by an iPad as he had problem in talking.
- Ravi Chopra believed in making movies that have been entertaining but additionally had a social message. Beneath their manufacturing home banner B R Movies, they made a number of movies like ‘Nikaah’ (1982) which was primarily based on a Muslim man’s proper to present divorce to his spouse by saying talaq thrice. In addition they made motion pictures like ‘Insaaf Ka Tarazu’ (1980) which handled rape and the harm that comes with it and ‘Ek Hello Raasta’ which targeted on widow remarriage.
- Ravi Chopra’s son, Kapil Chopra is a director now. He needed to make his debut as an actor with the movie ‘Kohinoor’ but it surely bought shelved.
- Each household journey was depending on how the movie performs within the field workplace. The household went for a visit to Europe in 1959 and to Hong Kong and Tokyo in 1969 which indicated that the films did nicely on the field workplace. Each time a film turned out to be a flop one, the youngsters would minimize down their bills to economize.
- Ravi Chopra was recognized to be flirt and he would usually crack jokes across the set to maintain the atmosphere mild and breezy for everybody.